Petroske Riezenman & Meyers
Take Back Control: From Courtroom to Common Ground
You may not be able to salvage your marriage—but you can still save the time, money, and energy typical to divorce litigation. Divorce mediation shifts the power and control away from intimidating judges and into the hands of our unbiased mediators who fight to resolve your divorce without the knock-down, drag-out courtroom brawls or uncontrollable, unpredictable, and unreasonable litigation costs.
At Petroske Riezenman & Meyers, P.C., our Long Island divorce mediation lawyers guide spouses parting ways towards making conscious financial choices, resolving interpersonal conflicts, reaching family agreements, and creating final terms for divorce settlement on every issue from marital residence and credit card debt to child support and custody. Contact us today for a free and fully confidential divorce mediation consultation.
Top Benefits of Divorce Mediation
Divorce mediation is an effective form of alternative dispute resolution designed to help separating spouses reach middle ground with less of the pain common to the traditional divorce process. Here are the main benefits to consider:
- a relatively painless experience set at your own pace—rather than a timeline set by a judge—with minimal court costs, predictable lawyer fees, and flexible appointment schedules.
- a therapeutic process to help couples voice concerns directly to one another, increase and improve post-divorce communication, and resolve co-parenting issues subject to future conflict and court intervention.
- a personalized and tailored approach where each party devotes time and energy to the issues that matter most, serving as active participants in every aspect of their divorce.
- a carefully planned, nuanced, and unique settlement agreement to help both parties address and move past the root causes of disputes with less future litigation and more post-divorce stability than a decision handed down by a judge.
- a non-adversarial environment without time pressures where both parties can select and hire neutral experts from appraisers to actuaries and more.
Knowledge, Experience, and Results You Can Trust
The law firm of Petroske Riezenman and Meyers, P.C. staffs two trained and certified matrimonial mediators, Danielle N. Murray and Katelyn A. FitzMorris. Our legal team is here to help you and your spouse navigate the mediation process, reach an agreement that works best for your family, and draft all the required documents to finalize your divorce or separation so that you can open the next chapter of your life.